Original ErgoDox is Better than Infinity
I own both an original ErgoDox (full hand acrylic case, from I think the 2nd massdrop) and a newer ErgoDox Infitity. The original works better for me and I wanted to share my experience and reasoning. There's a few things that are just simpler/nicer:
- flashing the original just requires a paperclip button press on the top of the keyboard and 1 command in the OS
- Flashing the infinity is a dance of a paperclip press on the underside of one half, an OS command that requires sudo, changing a USB cable around, a second paperclip on the bottom of the other half, a second OS command, and finally putting the USB cable back.
- 2 of the infinity USB cables have the wiggly USB 3.0 micro shape which is a pain to connect
- the cable connecting the 2 halves of the infinity is thicker than the ergodox's TRRS so its more of an intrusion into my desktop
- The infinity full-hand case has outer bottom shape isn't a straight line. There's a tiny angle and curve that makes trying to tent it near impossible vs the original where you jam a piece of all-thread into one of the bolt holes and you're done.