How I Plan to Learn Rust
So the week after next I start the Winter 1 2017 half-batch of the Recurse Center. My primary project will be learning rust and systems programming. My secondary project will be some SQL modeling and reporting stuff.
Here's my plan to learn rust.
- ✓ Read The Rust Programming Language Book, 2nd edition
- ✓ Do all exercises
- ✓ Watch any interesting conference videos from the most recent Rust Conf
- ✓ Implement the unix hexdump utility in rust
- ✓Listen to The New Rustacean Podcast
- ✓ Listen to The Request for Explanation Podcast
- Read and do all activities in Rust by Example
- Do the rustlings exercises
- Maybe read Programming Rust
- Maybe build a simple blockchain in rust
- Do some embedded work via Discovery
- Watch the Into Rust screencasts
- Do Learning Rust With Entirely Too Many Linked Lists
Ultimately my final project type thing might be a crypto helper program in the spirit of tealess.
Got any suggestions for me? Leave a disqus comment below or tweet me or whatever.